The Ronald Reagan Memorial Highway Fund was formed to raise the money needed to complete the U.S. Highway 290 Ronald Reagan Memorial Highway Project passed by the Texas Legislature. We are classified as a 501(c)(3) organization and are governed by a board of directors.
Board of Directors
State Representative Dwayne Bohac
Proudly serving the residents of District 138 in the Texas House of Representatives, Dwayne Bohac is a lifelong resident of Houston who was born in Oak Forest and is a Scarborough High School alumnus who now lives in the Spring Branch area. Before being elected to the Texas House of Representatives in 2002, Dwayne was active in the local community having founded the Save Our Neighborhoods—Northwest Coalition, being a long-time member of the White Oaks Bayou Association and being a part of the Spring Branch Revitalization Association. He was the primary author of House Bill 540 establishing the Ronald Reagan Memorial Highway and is the reason why this project exists.
Linda Dewhurst has been involved in the Republican Party as a political activist for more than 20 years. She is a founder and past president of the Daughters of Liberty Republican Women. Linda has held numerous roles at the local, county and state party levels promoting the conservative values and principles that President Reagan articulated and upheld as our President. In addition to her political interests, Linda has served in leadership roles for various civic and fundraising activities. A longtime Houston resident, she and her husband Gene have been married for 40 years. They have 3 sons and 4 grandchildren.
A Houston native, Travis Griffin grew up in the Spring Branch/Memorial area of West Houston and is a Stratford High School alumnus. Travis is a trusted and experienced Republican adviser who first began working with Representative Bohac in 2003 and served as his Chief of Staff in 2005 when the Ronald Reagan Memorial Highway Bill was passed. He now resides in Austin with his wife Jenny and serves as the Political Director of the Republican Party of Texas. Travis has returned as a member of this board to ensure this project he began in 2005 gets completed to honor President Reagan.
Ronald Reagan Memorial Highway Fund, Inc.
7941 Katy Freeway, Suite 230
Houston, Texas 77024
Founders of the Ronald Reagan Memorial Highway
These are the members of the 79th Texas Legislature in 2005 who signed on to pass House Bill 540 creating the Ronald Reagan Memorial Highway. Through their efforts the bill was passed unanimously by the entire Texas Legislature.
- State Representative Dwayne Bohac
- Former State Senator Jon Lindsay
- State Representative Bill Callegari
- State Representative Gary Elkins
- State Senator Glenn Hegar
- Former State Representative Corbin Van Arsdale
- Former State Representative Joe Crabb
- State Representative John Davis
- Former State Representative Joe Nixon
- State Representative Debbie Riddle
- State Representative Wayne Smith
- State Representative Beverly Woolley
Current members of the Texas Legislature not in office when House Bill 540 passed and Harris County leaders who have joined with us to support the Ronald Reagan Memorial Highway Fund:
- State Senator Dan Patrick
- State Representative Sarah Davis
- State Representative Allen Fletcher
- State Representative Dan Huberty
- State Representative Jim Murphy
- Former Harris County Judge Robert Eckels
- Former Harris County Tax Assessor-Collector Paul Bettencourt
- Harris County Commissioner Jack Cagle